2.25.2012

graphic 45 design team 2012 audition.

i am auditioning for a design team position for graphic 45 with this blog. i hope you enjoy the various projects created with their unique scrapbook papers. wish me luck!

this card was created with a word prompt of "rejuvenate" and the clowns were perfect for my analogy of the word.

i wanted to created layers with this 7x5 canvas and thought of the big top and all the magic that happens in the tent - hope you enjoyed the peek inside.

i was inspired by the loveliness of this tight rope walker
and wanted to give her a full dress and a cage full of butterflies to show off her beauty and grace.

i absolutely love paris, black and white, peacock feathers and eyes. this painted piece is done on a paper mache jewelry box.

i had a couple empty christmas card boxes with plastic lids left over this year and knew they would make great repurposed gifts. i created this dimensional pear to make you wonder what it is made of.

games, especially cards are a favorite of mine and well, anything from nature is a huge inspiration for my creative side. using this paper and designing a natural card for the wooden card box came very easy and i just love the results - want to play?


9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are so awesome! I love how you create dimension in the pieces. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my favorites are the circus pieces. I enjoy the colors and am always a sucker for those vintage/aged earth tones. Plus any circus/carnival theme always catches my eye! Nice work Kelly. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the lady with the bird cage and butterflies! Loving the 3-d- ness! (not really a word! LOL!)
    Great job Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the playful aspect to your work Kelly! The clowns and the circus theme are so much fun. I also love the use of butterflies in your work. The pear piece is so interesting and makes me want to hold it for a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tight rope walker with the bird cage, how you crumpled her dress, the butterflies - everything about her!,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful work! The tight rope walker and the last project are my favorites. Thanks for sharing;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I especially love the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love all your designs. It's like a day at the circus...ringing with entertainment and delight. The clowns are so vintage and classic, they almost look like they could step right off the page...

    Teresa Erwin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These are amazing. I love, love the clown works. So playful and fun.

    ReplyDelete